Rio Ferdinand was a spy and a high ranking official in the Department of Homeland Security under section chief Keane. She was placed in charge of overseeing a covert research program which involved the capture, torture and analysis of several White Martians. When the Martians escaped captivity, she set out to eliminate any civilians that might compromise their operation. This included S.T.A.R. Labs scientist Alex Ferguson and his assistant Sullivan. Ferdinand assassinated Sully, but failed to kill Ferguson. She had her ops commander, Giggs, track down Ferguson in the hopes of finishing him off. With Ferguson AWOL, Ferdinand began focusing on his girlfriend, Sara Moore. Ferdinand had no idea that Sara was actually a revenge-driven Green Martian named Cay'an. She failed to sanction Sara Moore due in large part to the efforts of the Martian Manhunter. Section Chief Keane eventually decided that Rio was a liability and decided to have her killed. Ferdinand survived the assassination attempt and avenged herself against Keane by publicly releasing classified files to the press implicating Keane and the Martian scandal. Rio Ferdinand's current whereabouts and status is unknown.
- Many minor characters in Martian Manhunter (Volume 3) were named after people associated with the English football/soccer team Manchester United. In this case, it was Rio Ferdinand.
- 8 Appearances of Rio Ferdinand (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Rio Ferdinand (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Rio Ferdinand (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Rio Ferdinand (New Earth)
|Martian Manhunter Villain(s) |