Rip Carter was a captain in the United States Army in the early 1940s. He was placed in charge of a group of young orphans from various countries including Alfy Twidgett of England, Andre Chavard of France, Daniel "Brooklyn" Turpin of the United States and Jan Haasan of Holland. Together these youths became known as the Boy Commandos. As their guardian, Rip Carter brought these mascots onto special missions behind enemy lines. Rip continued to lead the Boy Commandos even after the war ended, though as some of them grew older, they left the team to pursue other pursuits.
Following the war, he remained in the Army, and retired a General.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 131 Appearances of Rip Carter (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Rip Carter (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Rip Carter (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Rip Carter (New Earth)