Risa Del Toro is a member of the Del Toro crime family based out of Miami, Florida. She is the only daughter of deceased crimelord Eduardo Del Toro and is the younger sibling of Eddie and Leto Del Toro.
Risa grew up a "Daddy's Girl" in the Del Toro family, but as an adult became very empowered and independent, starting up her own successful independent music label, Vamp Records. Known for her extroverted and often scandalous behavior, Risa was not above using sex to get what she wanted. Her conquests provided only temporary satisfaction and she never remembered the names of any of the men she had bedded. 
When Eduardo, Sr. passed away, Risa thought that she would inherit the family fortune and control. However, the estate was left to Leto Del Toro which caused a longstanding feud between the two. Risa used her sexual prowess to turn the tables on Leto, but when this failed, she decided to assume control of the family fortune by taking her brothers out of the equation. Risa had a bomb set upon an airplane carrying Eddie and Leto Del Toro and both of them died in the explosion. This paved the way for Risa to take full control of the family's criminal empire.
Risa took the family legacy into a bold, new, no-nonsense direction. She still retained her father's advisor, Zephraim Klein as her personal counselor, but her brash demeanor and outspoken eccentricities left little doubt as to who truly controlled the Del Toro's interests.
Following the death of her brother Leto, Risa began having a homosexual affair with Leto's former lover, Carrie Stein. Carrie eventually grew disenchanted with the relationship however and betrayed Risa by feeding information to V.C.U. detective Michael Fortine. 
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possess the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- Enhanced Senses: A vampire's senses are enhanced far beyond those of a normal human being.
- Immortality: So long as vampires continue to consume blood, they will not age beyond the physical state they were in when they first became a vampire.
- Invulnerability: Vampires are invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's strength level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, a vampire can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation. However, a vampire's stamina wanes the closer it is to sunrise.
- Psychokinesis: Most vampires possess some form of psychokinesis. Some are clairvoyant, others can communicate telepathically, some possess mind control. Particularly powerful vampires can control the minds of several people at once.
- Transformation: Vampires often possess the ability to transform into a variety of creatures or effects such as bats, wolves, rats or even mist. While their physical attributes may fluctuate during such states, a vampire's mental acuity is the same as that when they are in their human shape. A vampire who transforms into an animal may also benefit from that particular animal's attributes including razor-sharp claws, fangs or the ability to fly.
- Metamorphosis: Vampires often demonstrate the ability to alter their appearance at will.
- Seduction: Risa Del Toro is a sexual predator and has learned to use her appearance in combination with her vampiric abilities to seduce any man or woman she develops an interest in. She is credited for putting the "suck" in "Succubus".
Risa suffers the same maladies common to all vampires. Wooden or silver stakes through the heart will kill her. Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight will cause her skin cells to ultimately blister and decay (though she has found ways around this).
- Risa Del Toro is exclusive to the continuity of the Bite Club family of titles.
- Was nominated Thrillboard magazine's "People to watch in 2004: 21 under 21".
- 8 Appearances of Risa Del Toro (Bite Club)
- 6 Images featuring Risa Del Toro (Bite Club)
- 1 Quotations by or about Risa Del Toro (Bite Club)
- Character Gallery: Risa Del Toro (Bite Club)
This character exists under the Vertigo Imprint which is intended for Mature Readers. Vertigo titles although they may cross over into regular DC continuity.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Vertigo Characters."