Bob Daley was the former crimefighting partner of Tex Thompson, the Americommando, who operated under the identity of Fatman. In the story The Golden Age, Daley was disowned by Thompson after the war, who now considered this association an embarrassment in light of his current political aspirations. This affected Daley to where he tore up the picture he kept of himself and Thompson as "mystery men".
Sometime later, Daley ran into Paul Kirk (Manhunter), who was running from gunmen who were out to kill him and was also being haunted by disturbing dreams. Daley stuck alongside Kirk until they contacted Carter Hall (Hawkman), who used hypnosis to unlock the mystery behind those dreams, discovering that Kirk had witnessed the Ultra-Humanite transferring his brain from the body of actress Dolores Winters into that of Tex Thompson, and had nearly killed himself trying to keep the Ultra-Humanite from killing him.
At a rally in Washington, D.C. in 1950 where all costumed superheroes were to appear by Presidential decree to show their loyalty, Daley helped Kirk put a stop to the Ultra-Humanite once and for all, sacrificing his own life in the process.
- This version of the character is native to the JSA: The Golden Age series of stories.
- 4 Appearances of Robert Daley (JSA: The Golden Age)
- 1 Images featuring Robert Daley (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Quotations by or about Robert Daley (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Character Gallery: Robert Daley (JSA: The Golden Age)
Expression error: Unexpected > operator.