A former member of the French Foreign Legion, Robert Britton offered his services to the RAF at the outbreak of World War II in 1939 and was one of Britain's top air aces throughout the war. In October 1942 he was appointed to head up a new combined unit of British and American pilots operating behind enemy lines in North Africa, which he successfully managed to do despite some initial friction between the two units.
- Battler Britton first appeared in 1956 in issue #361 of the British anthology title 'Sun', published by IPC Magazines. He continued to appear in various IPC titles well into the 1970's. The IPC characters were later purchased by Warner, and Battler returned in 2006 in a series published under the Wildstorm imprint. It is regarded as a kind of companion series to Albion.
- 5 Appearances of Robert Hereward Britton (Albion)
- 1 Images featuring Robert Hereward Britton (Albion)
- Quotations by or about Robert Hereward Britton (Albion)
- Character Gallery: Robert Hereward Britton (Albion)