- I'm barely halfway through my teen years and already my life is a complete washout. I get the opportunity of a lifetime and I blow it.
- -- Tim Drake
Appearing in "Circle of Darkness"
- Gotham City International Airport
Synopsis for "Circle of Darkness"
In Amsterdam, The Hammer's hitman Vidor recovers some discs from a contact in return for some negatives being used by the commissar to blackmail him with. Rather than exchange the negatives, Vidor simply kills him.
In the Batcave, Tim Drake considers giving up his role as Robin, having been enrolled by his father in a school in Metropolis, and having disobeyed Batman's orders and taken up with The Huntress. Alfred tries to reassure him, but can't hide his own misgivings about Tim's activities. Even so, he takes Tim out in the van to meet with Huntress.
Finally, they discover a suspicious operation, and sneak inside. However, they are watched from above by the Ghost Dragons. Robin notices that the money that the Hammer is printing doesn't appear to be a real currency, but they continue to talk about it as though it will be worth a fortune. He decides to stay on to investigate their real plan, until the KGBeast turns up carrying Huntress' unconscious body.
Using the sound of the printing presses as cover, Robin knocks out some of the goons, and attempts to alter the program that will produce the counterfeit currency. While searching for Huntress, he discovers that Ariana Dzerchenko is not dead, but has been put to work bagging heroin for the Hammer. He kills the lights in the plant, and makes his way to Ariana. Unfortunately, once he gets to her, Vidor and his men block their path to escape.
- This issue was published with an alternate cover, featuring a lenticular panel.
- Huntress is shown wearing an arm-band bearing an S-Shield in commemoration of the Death of Superman event.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Robin Vol 3 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Robin series
Links and References
- No external links.