"The World Around the Corner": Robin realized that his father, Jack, has turned his runaway situation into a national event. However, Batman thought that the situation could provide them the chance they needed t
Appearing in "The World Around the Corner"
- Hermanos (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The World Around the Corner"
Robin realized that his father, Jack, has turned his runaway situation into a national event. However, Batman thought that the situation could provide them the chance they needed to change Gotham's situation.
At Jack Drake's place, some Federal Marshals arrived and told Jack about a rescue mission they were planning to get Tim out of Gotham. When Robin called his father, he was told about the mission and one of the officers talked to him and they arranged the meeting place, the time and the situation for his rescue. Batman arranged that Batgirl go with Tim and make sure that the rescue mission was successful.
The news of Tim's rescue was all over the TV and a street gang in Gotham learned about it. They decided that it was their golden opportinity to take weapons and vehicles from the Marshals.
Robin and Batgirl arrived at the rescuing place with enought time to check the area and clear it in case it was needed. When they cleared the area, Robin changed his clothes and dressed as Tim Drake. The Marshal's helicopter hovered over the extraction point and as one of the marshals descended to take Tim, the street gang attacked them. Batgirl arrived in time to stop the gang from reaching the helicopter. The marshals took off with Tim and Batgirl hanging from a rope. Batgirl jumped down and landed softly thanks to her acrobatic skills. The gang was now out of reach and Tim was already thinking about the punishment his father was preparing for him while Batgirl stared at the helicopter, making sure that everything was fine.
- The events of this issue take place after Robin #72. No Man's Land continues in Catwoman #75.
- This is the last Robin issue part of the No Man's Land storyline.
- In this issue, Tim Drake is taken out of Gotham. However, Robin appears in the city during the last issues of the crossover.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Robin Vol 4 73 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Robin series
- Robin Recommended Reading
- Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying
- Batman: Dark Victory
- Batman: Year Three
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman & Robin Eternal
- New Teen Titans (Volume 1)
- Robin: A Hero Reborn
- Robin II: The Joker's Wild!
- Robin III: Cry of the Huntress
- Robin (Volume 4)
- Robin: Son of Batman
- Robin: Year One
- Teen Titans (Volume 3)
- We Are Robin
- Young Justice (Volume 1)
Links and References
- No external links.
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.