Roger Corben was the brother of John Corben, the first Metallo, who allowed the criminal organization SKULL to attach his severed head to a cybernetic body powered by a Kryptonite heart in order to seek revenge on Superman for his brother's death. He initially assumed the identity of WGBS staff member Martin Korda, but this ruse was quickly discovered. Metallo challenged Superman numerous times over the years, as well as the likes of Batman and Blue Devil, but was ultimately erased from existence by the events of the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
Metallo would make one final attempt to kill Superman. Joined by a number of humans converted into cyborgs identical to himself, he launched an assault on Metropolis in an attempt to draw Superman out. However, Superman magnetized the giant globe on top of the Daily Planet, thus incapacitating Metallo and his "clones" before they could do any significant damage.
- SKULL Jet-Scooter
- This version of Roger Corben (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 12 Appearances of Roger Corben (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Roger Corben (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Roger Corben (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Roger Corben (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."