Roger Corben was the brother of John Corben, the first Metallo, who allowed the criminal organization SKULL to attach his severed head to a cybernetic body powered by a Kryptonite heart in order to seek revenge on Superman for his brother's death. He initially assumed the identity of WGBS staff member Martin Korda, but this ruse was quickly discovered.
The first time that Metallo clashed with Batman was during a criminal scheme in Gotham City, where Metallo tried to blackmail one of the SKULL scientist who transformed him, into improving his robotic body. Metallo was then stopped by Batman and Lois Lane. Metallo was then taken to Superman Island, but shortly afterwards, he escaped using a small black hole that he had created and placed inside him, replacing his Kryptonite heart. Using the black hole, Metallo started yet another crime wave in Gotham City and this time, he was stopped by Batman and Superman, who caused Metallo to be absorbed by his own black hole.
Metallo would make one final attempt to kill Superman. Joined by a number of humans converted into cyborgs identical to himself, he launched an assault on Metropolis in an attempt to draw Superman out. However, Superman magnetized the giant globe on top of the Daily Planet, thus incapacitating Metallo and his "clones" before they could do any significant damage.
- Cybernetic Enhancement
- SKULL Jet-Scooter
- This version of Metallo, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 13 Appearances of Roger Corben (Earth-One)
- 3 Images featuring Roger Corben (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Roger Corben (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Roger Corben (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."