Roger Hayden operated as the criminal known as the Psycho-Pirate during the 1940s. In 1950, he attended the rally in Washington, D.C. where all costumed superheroes were to appear by Presidential decree to show their loyalty. During the rally, Joan Dale (Miss America) publicly exposed Tex Thompson as being the Ultra-Humanite and attempted to also expose Dynaman as being Adolf Hitler in Daniel Dunbar's body when the Ultra-Humanite had Robert Crane (Robotman) silence her by murdering her in public. Rex Tyler (Hourman) took over for Joan Dale in the exposure of both Thompson and Dunbar, causing Dynaman to show his true colors and to attack the various superheroes present. It is not known how involved he was in the battle with Dynaman, or if he survived it.
- This version of the character is native to the JSA: The Golden Age series of stories, appearing mostly as a cameo character.
- In mainstream DC Universe continuity, Roger Hayden was the successor of the Golden Age version of the Psycho-Pirate.
- 1 Appearances of Roger Hayden (JSA: The Golden Age)
- 1 Images featuring Roger Hayden (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Quotations by or about Roger Hayden (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Character Gallery: Roger Hayden (JSA: The Golden Age)