Roger Rodney Rabbit of "Gnu York" was a normal comic book artist. While working at Wombat Communications, Roger encountered Superman of Earth-One, who had accidentally pierced an energy barrier created by a strange, glowing meteor that teleported him to the Earth-C dimension. After a brief exchange between the two, Roger began eating a mysterious glowing carrot from his windowbox, which, unknown to him, was struck by a meteorite fragment originating from the same meteor that sent Superman into Earth-C. Unaware that anything was amiss, he soon developed a muscular physique, super-hearing and the ability to bunny-hop clear across the city. Roger donned a costume he acquired from a costume party and became the superhero known as Captain Carrot. Across the country, other animals experienced similar transformations. Roger met with these super-powered critters and together they formed the Zoo Crew.
This section of the history takes place during Convergence, a massive crossover event revisiting characters from past eras and realities. The villains Brainiac and Telos plucked them from their own timeline and stored them together, causing them to cross over into each others' reality. Its precise chronological placement and canonicity may be unclear.
He fights Harley Quinn and is apparently killed when he eats a poisoned carrot made by Poison Ivy.
- Immortality: Different physical laws in his cartoonish dimension allow him to survive otherwise fatal injuries such as being crushed entirely flat.
- Superhuman Strength
- Enhanced Hearing
- Superhuman Speed
- Power Loss: After consuming one of his "cosmic carrots" (as he called them), Roger would gain superpowers for roughly 24 hours, although major exertion could exhaust the powers sooner. As such he has to constantly replenish his powers and keeps a pair of carrots holstered on his person for such a need in emergencies.
- This version of Captain Carrot, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Capt. Carrot's secret identity is homonymous with the protagonist of the famous movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit. However, in The Multiversity, his real name is Rodney Rabbit.
- 55 Appearances of Roger Rabbit (Earth-C)
- 10 Images featuring Roger Rabbit (Earth-C)
- 2 Quotations by or about Roger Rabbit (Earth-C)
- Character Gallery: Roger Rabbit (Earth-C)