- Futile mortals. Rogga comes bearing gifts, blood and bone and sorrow. Such is war. DId you think us unaware? Did you think we would not know the very device by which we were summoned? Did you not think we would not act? Know war, mortals. Know ecstasy.
- -- Rogga src
Chang Tzu's Science Squad worked in an old Socialist Chinese facility on Oolong Island. With the aid of the brilliant geneticist Veronica Cale, they succeeded in creating four monstrous creatures which became known as the Four Horsemen of the Apokolips. Zorrm was the avatar of Pestilence, whose coming was foretold in the Bible of Crime. The Four Horsemen were created specifically to target Black Adam and his family and wipe them out.
Rogga and his fellow Horsemen Azraeuz and Zorrm traveled to Kahndaq where they met with their brother, Yurrd the Unknown (who had been posing as a benevolent crocodile named Sobek). Rogga used his powers to induce aggression in others, causing civil unrest to erupt in Kahndaq. After Yurrd devoured Osiris, the Four Horsemen revealed themselves. Rogga engaged Black Adam, saying that war was the cause of all his suffering, dating back to the death of his family in ancient Kahndaq, and his first born son has begged for his life. Enraged, Black Adam struck a hole through Rogga's armor. Ironically, Rogga actually begged Adam to stop, but the Black Marvel killed him without remorse.
But the Four Horsemen had only lost their bodies, not their potencey. In time, Rogga resurfaced in Bialya, taking possession of Hussein, a warlord who was seeking to overthrow President Rashid's government. Using the mass of bodies within the country, as well as taking over President Rashid to prevent international or superhero action, Azraeuz set about making new bodies for himself and his brothers. Building a mound made of earth and corpses, the dead of Bialya were able to build new bodies for the Horsemen using morphogenetic technology that had been intended to raise a firepit in Bailya, using the corpses as conductors to fuel the pit after ignition. Unaware of their intent, the Justice Leaguers Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman tried to destroy the Horsemen by throwing a massive block of ice onto the mound. Unfortunately, the kinetic energy activated the firepit, allowing the Horsemen to empower their bodies and be reborn. Restored, Azraeuz dispatched Rogga to destroy the forces on Oolong Island trying to return them to where they were born, while Yurrd and Zorrm were dispatched to deal with the Justice League.
Stalled by a force field, Rogga used the corpses under his control and his own weapons to test the fields stress limits. Finally breaking through, he was opposed by Wonder Woman and the Doom Patrol, finding the Amazon's martial skills to be "magnificent". Wonder Woman was finally able to defeat Rogga and decapitate him, only to be in turn possessed by Rogga himself. Fortunately, Veronica Cale, who had overseen the Horsemen's rebirth, swallowed a crystal intended to contain the Horsemens' spirits. Cale was able to remove Rogga's essence from Wonder Woman's body and contain him in the crystal, defeating him and the other Horsemen for now.
- Aggression induction: Rogga can manipulate the aggression instincts in others.
- Possession: Rogga can possess a host body to use as a means to interact with the physical world.
- "Invitation" required: Rogga cannot possess anyone at will, but must instead be "invited" to possess the target host. This "invitation" is not necessarily intended or even knowingly made, but must be within the purview of the intended horsemen's domain, such as giving into aggression in Rogga's case.
Cannon on his right arm, missile launchers on his shoulders.
- 8 Appearances of Rogga (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Rogga (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Rogga (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Rogga (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: