Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Centuries ago, Roh'kar and nine other Green Martians left their homeworld on a space-faring mission known as the Xendi Expedition. They launched shortly before the onset of the Martian Plague known as H'ronmeer's Curse, and thus survived the genocide of the Martian culture.
The craft carrying the ten Martian explorers crash-landed on Earth in a region of the Sonoma Desert in Arizona. Agents of the National Security Agency quickly converged on the scene and apprehended the surviving aliens, placing them within a special secret laboratory. Recognizing that they were Martians, the government scientists began performing experiments on them, in the hopes of developing a super-weapon. More specifically, they wanted to develop a process that could defeat Earth's resident Martian, J'onn J'onzz.
Although greatly weakened from the crash, Roh'kar and the others still maintained their native gift of telepathy. The other members of the expedition channeled their psychic energy into Roh'kar in the hopes of sending out a psychic S.O.S. The plan worked, and before long, J'onn J'onzz (better known as the Martian Manhunter) learned of their existence. He broke Roh'kar free of the laboratory and tried to get him to a safe-house.
NSA agent Rio Ferdinand used a brainwashed assassin named Paul Gerrard to track Roh'kar and his rescuer down. Armed with custom-made weaponry, Gerrard fired a fatal shot into Roh'kar's body. His dying words were a cryptic warning to J'onn in regards to the other members of his expedition. His body was recovered by NSA agents and used to to help develop Anti-Martian weaponry.
- Martian Physiology
- Extrasensory Input
- Martian Vision
- Malleable Form
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Endurance
- Superhuman Strength
- Roh'kar is based off of a Golden Age character named Roh Kar. Roh Kar was the first Manhunter from Mars, and made a single appearance in Batman #78 (two years prior to the introduction of J'onn J'onnz). The Golden Age Roh Kar is no longer considered part of modern continuity.
- Appearances of Roh'kar (New Earth)
- Images featuring Roh'kar (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Roh'kar (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Roh'kar (New Earth)
- ↑ The powers and weaknesses listed are based on the common abilities of Martians first demonstrated by J'onn J'onzz. The refrences listed are based on J'onzz as depected in the Earth-One and New Earth continuities.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Detective Comics #225
- ↑ Martian Manhunter #4
- ↑ Detective Comics #226
- ↑ Martian Manhunter (Volume 2) #8
- ↑ JLA #89