Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rohtult was a distant descendant of Lex Luthor who lived on Earth-One during the 30th Century. In 2957, Batman, Kal-El and Robin were discovered in suspended animation in a cave, having been frozen 1,000 years earlier by Dick Harbin. After verifying their identities, the scientists who discovered the three heroes offered to send them back to their own time using a time ray if they recovered it as it had recently been stolen by Rothul. However, the Man of Steel and the Caped Crusaders failed in their attempt to capture Rothul and his men. Before they could begin searching the known universe for their foe, it was announced that the united worlds of this era wanted to put on a parade in the heroes' honor. When they did so, Rothul and his men sent robots to distract Superman, Batman and Robin while they stole a hydrogen generator from another lab.
Realizing that Rothul would rob any great scientific discovery, Superman and Batman disguised themselves as Kent Clark and Wayne Bruce, two scientists who discovered a device that could neutralize any ray. Rothul fell for this ruse and sent his men to steal it. The three heroes easily defeated the crooks and, disguising their ship as a meteor, flew to Rothul's base where they defeated the crooks and turned Rothul over to the authorities. Upon investigating Rothul's cache of stolen devices, they failed to find the time machine. Lora, one of the Earth scientists bursts into tears, admitting that she hid the time device so that she could convince Superman to stay in the future. However, the three heroes were determined to return to their own time and used the time machine to return to one minute before Harbin sprung his trap.
- This version of Rohtul (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Rohtul (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Rohtul (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Rohtul (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Rohtul (Earth-One)