Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Roland "Rolly" Gardner is the father of Guy Gardner and Mace Gardner. He was an abusive alcoholic, and frequently beat his son Guy, although he idolized the older brother Mace. His wife Peggy Louise stayed with him until Roland died from liver failure. Having left home, Guy Gardner would not learn of his father's death until years later. After Infinite Crisis, Roland's death was retconned. On his deathbed, he apologized to Guy for the years of abuse, and the two spent a final week together before he passed away.
- Guy Gardner going to visit his father on his deathbed was at the persuasion of a time-traveling Booster Gold, attempting to prevent Guy from meeting Sinestro too early. Unfortunately, going to see his father also caused Guy to be further away when Abin Sur's ship crash-landed on Earth, putting him farther away than Hal Jordan and causing him to be the second Green Lantern of Earth instead of the first. These events chronicled in Booster Gold (Volume 2) #2 reflect and elaborate upon earlier explanations made in Green Lantern (Volume 2) #59. They also conflict with statements made in Guy Gardner: Warrior #17.
- 10 Appearances of Roland Gardner (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Roland Gardner (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Roland Gardner (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Roland Gardner (New Earth)