- No one goes up against the Black Mask and lives.
- -- Black Mask src
- -- Black Mask src
Roman Sionis was kidnapped by The Joker and hidden away in his own steel mill as part of a plot by the Joker to hire assassins to kill Batman. The Joker set up the murder of Sionis to so he could break into the Gotham Merchants Bank. Sionis was with The Joker inside the bank vault when he revealed himself to Batman. Sionis was taken back to the steel mill with Joker. There, Batman found him and freed him. Later on, after Batman destroyed all of Sionis's drug canisters, he was defeated by Batman and left for the police inside the old church in Old Gotham.
As detailed in one of the Riddler's riddles entitled "Black Mask", Roman Sionis, also known as the Black Mask, was one of the first inmates at Arkham City. Sionis was also the first inmate to break out. Using explosives taken from the Penguin, Black Mask exploded a hole in the wall right behind his old Sionis factory. Hugo Strange, however, was not happy with his new super prison's record already tarnished. Strange sent all of his TYGER guards after Black Mask and he was eventually captured in his own meat packing company.
Years later, while hold up in his meat packing factory, Robin has silently taken out all of Black Mask's henchmen. When Black Masks see all his henchmen taken out he makes a mad dash to the train that is passing by. Robin, close behind, hops on the train and battles the rest of Black Mask's henchmen. At the end of the train, Robin battles Black Mask in hand-to-hand combat before knocking him out cold and stopping the train. Using the knowledge from the "Black Mask" riddle, it is implied that the TYGER guards find him unconscious and beaten after his encounter with Robin and take him back to Arkham City for his second time.
As Bruce Wayne is being admitted to Arkham City, Black Mask is seen as one of the criminals being transferred into the cell block. Sionis is busy fending off the TYGER forces with a chair; however, he is eventually detained by the guards. Using this to his advantage, Joker was able to capture Sionis Industries and it is quickly modified into Joker's Funland, Joker's base of operations in Arkham City.
With the growing violence in Arkham City as the three primary gangs (Joker's, Penguin's and Two-Face's gangs) fought for control over the city, Black Mask secretly allied himself with the Riddler and slowly built up his forces for his plans to retake Arkham City in the confusion.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): Black Mask, in the challenge mission "Freight Train," fights the player like a normal henchman. Although, Black Mask is able to fend off any attempts to quickly take him down like ground takedowns and combo takedowns.
- Beat Down: Roman is able to avoid any attempts for an immediate takedown made by the hero but he cannot defend himself against the hero's beatdown move.
- Black Mask is the third villain able to be fought in normal freeflow combat. The first two are Zsasz and Joker. Sionis then followed by the fourth fightable villain: Howard Branden.
- Black Mask has had the most inconsistent hair color of all of Batman's villains. In Arkham Asylum, he was recorded having no hair. In Arkham City, a patch of brown hair can be seen coming out from under his mask. In Arkham Origins, his hair is black.
- 6 Appearances of Roman Sionis (Arkhamverse)
- 2 Images featuring Roman Sionis (Arkhamverse)
- 2 Quotations by or about Roman Sionis (Arkhamverse)
- Character Gallery: Roman Sionis (Arkhamverse)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."