- Who says you need to wear a uniform and a gun to put a little fear of God into the bottom feeders? Sometimes all you need is the balls. And a camera.
- -- Roy Raymond src
Roy Raymond, Jr., the son of Roy Raymond, Sr., presented a tabloid television series in Gotham City called Roy Raymond Jr: Manstalker. He was considered by many as arrogant, inept, and a huge embarrassment to his father. Batman described Roy as one of the few detectives he admired, but that he "chose to waste his talents on daytime television". As a child, Bruce Wayne rarely missed an episode of "Roy Raymond: TV Detective" (the tv show on which Raymond Sr. would solve real cases in front of a camera rather than dramatize them), but Roy Jr. disgraced his father's name. After being humiliated by Robin III, and missing the opportunity to catch a dangerous costumed gang on television, Raymond disappeared into the world of tabloid television.
Continuing his "Manstalker" program, he investigates the kidnapping of a little girl. Roy's detective work turned up some solid leads on her whereabouts, but he was dismissed as the "crazy television man". Angered, Roy tracked down the girl by himself, and rescued her from the kidnappers. Alfred Pennyworth sought Roy out to offer him a position on a new team of Outsiders after Batman's Death. He accepts that offer and becomes Owlman, with equipment left for that purpose by Batman.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic)
- Investigation: Roy is a fairly capable detective, whose skills are considered to be on par with that of even the most intuitive criminal investigator; in fact, he has even garnered the admiration of Batman himself.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Roy Raymond (comics). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|
- 43 Appearances of Roy Raymond, Jr. (New Earth)
- 19 Images featuring Roy Raymond, Jr. (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Roy Raymond, Jr. (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Roy Raymond, Jr. (New Earth)
|Outsiders member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the super-hero team known as the Outsiders, in any of its various incarnations. They are a black ops team dedicated to fighting evil and taking the fall in public opinion that bigger groups like the Justice League cannot, started by Batman to avoid being crippled by public relations needs. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Outsiders members" category.