- Rob and getaway is our rule!
- -- Roy Reynolds src
Roy Reynolds was a criminal from Gotham City, who specialized in creating complex getaways and escape plans for his henchmen, which earned him the alias of "The Getaway Genius".
Reynolds knew that being a criminal in Gotham was no easy task due to the presence of the famed vigilantes, Batman and Robin. The Dynamic Duo were unstoppable and despite the efforts of various criminals to take them down, the heroes always came up victorious. For this reason, Reynolds believed that the best way to deal with them was to avoid conflict and prepare intricate escape routes. His modus operandi was flawless and in fact, the first time he was captured by Batman and Robin, was because of a mistake made by his henchmen.
Reynolds was soon taken out of prison by B.G. Hunter, an expert animal hunter who forced Reynolds to work with him in order to capture Batman. Despite Reynold's warning about the Caped Crusader, Hunter continued with his plan and Reynolds played along, providing his henchmen with perfect getaways. Eventually, Batman fell for Hunter's trap, but he managed to break free and defeated the villain. Since Reynolds had been forced to act, he surrendered without a fight.
Reynolds' last crime involved the stealing of some medicine for cancer treatment. Batman allowed him to escape, knowing that Reynolds' health wasn't very good. After he passed away from cancer, his daughter Olivia took the identity of Getaway Genius and followed on her father's steps.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 9 Appearances of Roy Reynolds (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Roy Reynolds (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Roy Reynolds (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Roy Reynolds (New Earth)