Copy Edit Needed
Roy Travich aka Radiation Roy once tried to audition for the Legion of Super-Heroes. When Roy came recieved his inheritance, he used the money to gain radiation based super powers. The procedure worked and he got his powers, but did not have control over them. His mind was probed by Saturn Girl who was so horrified by his throughts she could not sleep for two nights.
Roy's body over time became so badly ravaged with radiation poisoning, losing most of his teeth and growing hideous, pus-filled tumors, Roy started wearing a red containment suit.
Still feeling rejected he joins the Xenophobic superhero group called the Justice League of Earth The team consist of Earth-born Legion rejects obsessed with spreading lies about Superman's origin. They believe that Superman was human and that all aliens should be deported from the planet.
The Legion defeated the team with the help of Superman, and they were sent to Takron-Galtos the prison planet.
Tusker and Justice League of Earth attacked the United Planets Government Complex in Metropolis. The League was going to kill the President of Earth, "for crimes against humanity", but Tusker and the team are elctrocuted by Legionnare Lightning Lad.
- Radiation Absorption & Manipulation: Exposure to high levels of radiation has mutated Roy Travich's body. As a result, Travich's primary superhuman power is the ability to absorb and manipulate high levels of radiation for a number of purposes and effects. In the case of other beings that have received powers based from exposure to radiation, Travich can manipulate the radiant energies of those individuals usually for the purposes of temporarily shutting down their powers.
- Energy Blasts: Travich can expel radiation from himself in a number of ways such as firing blasts of solid radiation in the form of powerful concussive blasts or emitting radiation in the form of intense heat that, at maximum temperature, is said to be hot enough to incinerate a city block. Travich can also purposely generate radioactive energy for the purposes of generate extremely bright light, bright enough to cause at least temporary blindness.
- Hard Radiation: Travich's can also emit high levels of "hard" radiation from his body toward others. This has the effect of causing extreme disorientation and nausea in other people and, if he chooses to do so, Travich can emit high enough levels of hard radiation to facilitate radiation poisoning.
- Force Field: Travich can manipulate the radioactive energy of his body to generate solid force fields around his body. While in these fields, Travich is very well protected from most forms of attacks.
- Superhuman Strength: Travich can channel the radioactive energies in his body for the purpose of temporarily increasing his strength to superhuman levels.
- Travich emits nuclear radiation at all times and can only remain in the presence of other individuals for short periods of time if he's wearing his null-radiation body harness. Also, absorbing large quantities of radiation can affect his emotional state.
- 23 Appearances of Roy Travich (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 4 Images featuring Roy Travich (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Quotations by or about Roy Travich (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Roy Travich (Pre-Zero Hour)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Legion of Super-Heroes Villain(s)|
This character or group of characters is or was primarily an enemy of the Legion of Super-Heroes from the 31st Century, and may have existed in any of the various Legion continuities, including but not limited to the Original Legion, Reboot Legion, and the Prime Legion. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Legion of Super-Heroes villains" category.