Owner of Ruby Ryder Inc. Ruby Ryder was a ruthless business woman who would resort even to murder to get her own way. She briefly romanced Plastic Man when he was posing as Kyle Morgan. However, Plastic Man would leave her and flee into the South American jungle. She would hire Batman to rescue "Morgan" so she could kill him for spurning her.
This all played into Plastic Man's plans, when she was convicted of murder and sentenced to death. However, Batman would reveal Plastic Man's true identity which would lead to her sentence being lessened to attempted murder. Learning the truth, she scoffed at the idea of possibly marrying a freak like Plastic Man. However, she would pay men to track Plastic Man, who would become a homeless bum shortly afterward.
Possibly getting off due to her lawyers, Ryder would become interested in bidding for the priceless Neji statue. The statue once belonged to an African tribe which has been at war with itself since the statue was taken. Wanting the statue at any cost, she had learned that Bruce Wayne also sought to get the statue itself (and return it to its rightful people.) As fate would have it, Bruce's alter-ego Batman would hire Plastic Man to pose as him while he was out of the country securing his bid for the statue. Learning of this, Ryder would use Plastic Man's past feelings for her to help her in quest for the statue.
When she framed Bruce Wayne for murder and fraud, "Batman" would arrest him and take him to prison in Gotham City, securing her to win the bid for the statue. However, the real Batman would be sprung from prison by Metamorpho. Metamorpho would then pose as the Neji and record Ryder's confession for the police. Ryder's plan would eventually be exposed, and Plastic Man (learning the truth after Ryder tried to poison him) would help Metamorpho capture her and turn her over to the police.
Her last attemtp to gain power almost granted her total control of the Wayne Foundation, thanks to a humanoid that pledged loyalty to her after she found it on a time capsule. However, the Metal Men and Green Arrow teamed-up with Batman to stop her evil scheme and she stopped her evil ways definitely.
- This version of Ruby Ryder (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 4 Appearances of Ruby Ryder (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Ruby Ryder (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Ruby Ryder (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Ruby Ryder (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."
|Plastic Man Villain(s) |