Rudy Jones was a S.T.A.R. Labs janitor and quite the pushover. An old friend, Martin Lebeau, convinced him to help him rob the laboratories. After a brief fight with security guards, they managed to get away with an experimental chemical. However, during the getaway, Jones (who was in the pickup's bed with the chemicals) was exposed to them and transformed into a purple giant.
Finding himself able to absorb life force and superhuman powers at a mere touch, Jones first sought revenge on Lebeau, and later on Superman.
Parasite teamed up in Grodd's first Secret Society but was defeated and jailed with the rest, and was also a member of Grodd's second, larger Legion of Doom. During the Legion mutiny, he sided with Grodd. He was one of the final survivors of the battle, but was frozen by Killer Frost. He was killed when Darkseid blew up the ship.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Energy Absorption: Parasite has to power to suck life force and energy from his victims. The effect wears off soon after the absorption is complete.
- Power Absorption: Parasite can absorb the powers of any creature with superhuman capabilities.
- Vulnerability to Weaknesses: Parasite took over the weaknesses of his victims; these included Superman's vulnerability to kryptonite and water, which shorted out Livewire's electrokinetic powers.
- Parasite was voiced by Brion James.
- An apparently different Parasite appeared in future Gotham in Justice League Unlimited Episode: Epilogue. It is unclear what this Parasite's relation to Rudy Jones is.
- Superman (1996 TV Series) Episode: Feeding Time
- Superman (1996 TV Series) Episode: Double Dose
- Superman (1996 TV Series) Episode: Two's a Crowd
- 29 Appearances of Rudolph Jones (DCAU)
- 4 Images featuring Rudolph Jones (DCAU)
- 1 Quotations by or about Rudolph Jones (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Rudolph Jones (DCAU)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."