"Running the Clock, Part II of VI": A woman named Valentina Arraza hires Rush to find her brother, Anatol. Rush immediately suspects that Anatol is not really her brother, but asks no questions. Based on information and photographs supplied to him by Valentina, Rush makes for the [[Chinatown
- You can appeal to my wallet. Or my heart. Or my gut. Or somewhere farther South.
- -- Rush
Appearing in "Running the Clock, Part II of VI"
- Arthur Bellingame
- Bronson (First appearance)
- Anatol Arraza (First appearance)
- Jin (Single appearance)
- Maggie Flynn (Flashback only)
- Samantha Flynn (Flashback only)
- Philly (First appearance)
- Valentina Arraza
Synopsis for "Running the Clock, Part II of VI"
A woman named Valentina Arraza hires Rush to find her brother, Anatol. Rush immediately suspects that Anatol is not really her brother, but asks no questions. Based on information and photographs supplied to him by Valentina, Rush makes for the Chinatown district where he consults with one of his contacts, Philly. Rush has Philly put Anatol's picture out on the Internet in the hopes of turning up some information.
A short time later, he drives towards the theater district, unaware that the cybernetic mercenary Gearhead is stealthily tracking him. Rush enters a movie theater whereupon he finds Anatol. Unfortunately for him, he also runs afoul of another individual – the Black Canary. Canary is also looking for Anatol, and Rush and she begin fighting each other in the middle of the theater.
During the scuffle, Anatol flees, and Rush and Canary cease battling each other to chase him. Canary is riding on her motorcycle, while Rush speeds down the street in Sam. They eventually catch up to the scared man, but so does Gearhead. Mercenaries are not the only ones interested in finding Anatol. The DEO are desperate to capture him as well, and they send one of their armed helicopters to the area to bring him in.
Rush and Black Canary finally learn why everyone is so excited to capture this guy. Anatol has a ten-megaton bio-weapon surgically implanted inside of his stomach. The agent is keyed to his body's metabolism and is set to detonate should Anatol ever fall asleep.
- This book was first published on September 7, 2006.
- Rush City is a six-issue limited series.
- Black Canary is heard speaking to someone over her communicator earrings. Although the person on the other line is never referenced by name, it is doubtlessly, Oracle, Black Canary's teammate in the Birds of Prey.
- Maggie and Samantha Flynn appear in flashback to events which take place concurrently with the flashback sequences revealed in the Rush City #0 web-comic.
- The tagline for this issue is, "Fast Cars, Fast Women and Black Canary".
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Rush City Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Rush City series