Rusty was one of a quartet of comic book fans who were approached at a convention by the Americommando and offered the chance to become superheroes like the old comic book characters, the Crusaders. Unknown to Rusty and his friends though, the Americommando was actually the criminal known as the Silver Ghost and he was empowering the four in order to pit them against the heroic Freedom Fighters. When the Crusaders discovered their leader's true identity and that they had been used, they surrendered and abandoned their adopted identities.
- This version of Rusty, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Like his fellow Crusaders, Rusty was patterned after one of Marvel Comics' wartime heroes, The Invaders-in Rusty's case, Bucky Barnes, partner of Captain America.
- 2 Appearances of Rusty (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Rusty (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Rusty (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Rusty (Earth-One)