Sam Tweed was a tailor from Gotham City. He was the man responsible for making the Batsuits for the famed crime fighter Batman. However, after years of unrecognized work, Tweed decided to get revenge against Batman and started a crime spree as the masked villain called the Masquerader. Along with a gang of henchmen, they created serious crimes just to lure Batman to the place and get his Batsuit ripped. When Batman depleted his spare collection of Batsuits, he was forced to contact Sam and ask for a new Batsuit. Sam took the chance to send Batman a booby trapped Batsuit, which would prevent Batman from moving when exposed to infra-red light. During the final confrontation, Masquerader got the upper hand in the fight and revealed his identity and his ultimate goal. However, Batman found a way to break free and captured the criminal, ending his criminal and his tailoring careers.
- This version of Masquerader, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Samuel Tweed (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Samuel Tweed (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Samuel Tweed (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Samuel Tweed (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."