After a time-traveling adventure with Superman, Lex Luthor inadvertently caused the infamous San Francisco earthquake of 1906.
In 1942, a villain known as the Hooded Hunchback murdered his cousin Clifford Taylor and rocketed his body from New York to San Francisco. Due to a will made by an eccentric family member, if any heirs die in the state of California, then the fortune passes on to somebody else. The Hunchback (in reality Lieutenant governor Morgan) stood to inherit the entire family fortune but for the intervention of the super-hero Starman.
Several years ago, the New God known as Lightray traveled to San Francisco searching for humans who held an aspect of the Anti-Life Equation. He found such a receptacle in a Vietnam veteran named Richard Roe. 
Points of Interest
- Alcatraz Island originally served as a lighthouse and a military fortification before being converted into a prison facility in 1933. Due to budgetary reasons and sanitary concerns, Alcatraz ceased to function as a prison in 1963.
- See also: Alcatraz
- Bewitched is a night club which caters exclusively to a supernatural clientele (mostly demons). It is owned and operated by the sorcerer Tannarak.
- Golden Gate Bridge
- The Golden Gate Bridge is a suspension bridge spanning the Golden Gate, the opening of the San Francisco Bay onto the Pacific Ocean.
- Haight-Ashbury is a district of San Francisco, California named for the intersection of Haight and Ashbury Streets. It is commonly called The Haight. The district is famous for its role as a center of the 1960s hippie movement, a post-runner and closely associated offshoot of the Beat generation or beat movement, whose initiated and "beatific" youth swarmed San Francisco's "in" North Beach neighborhood two to eight years before the "Summer of Love" in 1967.
- Saint Luke's Hospital
- Located in San Francisco, this is where Impulse had his kneecap replaced after being injured in a fight with Deathstroke.
- San Francisco Bay
- San Francisco Bay is a shallow, productive estuary through which water draining from approximately forty percent of California, flowing in the Sacramento and San Joaquin rivers from the Sierra Nevada mountains, enters the Pacific Ocean. Titans Tower is located just off San Francisco Bay.
- San Francisco Public Library
- Impulse once raced through this California library and read every single book on the shelves.
- Shadowcrest is the ancestral family mansion of the Zatara family. It is currently occupied by John Zatara's surviving daughter Zatanna. Mystical in nature, the mansion is not always found in the same location. Primarily, it is located in San Francisco, but it has been known to disappear then re-appear in a different city altogether.
- S.T.A.R. Labs
- The San Francisco branch of S.T.A.R. Labs is located here. Jason Rusch briefly served an internship here and it is also the birth place of the super-villain known as the Pionic Man. 
- Titans Tower
- The third Tower is located just off the shore of San Francisco Bay. It was designed by former Teen Titan Victor Stone based largely on his father's designs which were used on the original tower in New York.
- Vandyre University
- In Pre-Crisis continuity, Vandyre University was a college that Supergirl attended.
- San Francisco was scripted as the hometown of the post-Crisis Captain Marvel in the Shazam: The New Beginning mini-series. Since The Power Of Shazam re-scripted Captain Marvel's origin as being from Fawcett City, this information is now considered apocryphal.
- San Francisco is the fourth largest city in California.
- Appearances of San Francisco
- Location Gallery: San Francisco
- Catalogued images related to San Francisco