"The Vamp Final Act": Over the course of this 4-issue story arc:
- To sing so sweetly and yet be so evil.
- -- Sandman
Appearing in "The Vamp Final Act"
- Sally Starr
- Barry Smithers
- Carol Swanson
Synopsis for "The Vamp Final Act"
Over the course of this 4-issue story arc: Circa 1938-May : In one week, three members of Delta Phi ("all of them club members and old fraternity brothers") are murdered by Madeline Giles's gang of lesbian rape-avengers (alumnae from "K-house" @ Vassar) including Sally Starr (manager of Club Congo, under the Excelsior Hotel), which activity eventually involves the Sandman, who defeats the Vamp. Madeline was killed by Lt. Burke at the end.
- The Vamp uses the Alias of Carmilla Jones in this Issue, that is most likely a reference to Sheridan Le Fanu's Novella "Carmilla" about a lesbian Vampire
- The Sandman escapes from Lt. Burke for the fifth and sixth times, but doesn't gas him either time.
Madeline Giles was from Norfolk.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Sandman Mystery Theatre Vol 1 16 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Sandman Mystery Theatre series
Links and References
- No external links.