- As all here know, while battling the Creature known as Synnar the Demiurge, Rann's Atmosphere was explosively discharged into outer Space. Fortunately Rann's entire Population was Zeta Beamed here, to Throneworld, mere Moments before this Catastrophe occurred.
- -- Sardath src
Sardath is a citizen of the planet Rann, and the planets planets greatest scientist. The Rannians are in outer appearance identical to Earth based Humans, their internal anatomy is however slightly different. He responsible for the invention of many highly technological items including the Zeta-Beam. However the device was created to communicate with other worlds across vast distances but due to high levels of radiation it became a teleportation device, which brought a poor an unsuspecting alien to their world. The beam reached the planet Earth where it struck archaeologist Adam Strange, transporting him twenty-five trillion miles through space to the planet, Rann. Sardath explained to Adam that once the Zeta-Beam radiation wears off, he would instantly teleport back to his point of origin. He was shocked to find he was on another world and in Sardath's lab, however he is soon calmed on the introduction to Sardath's daughter Alanna.
Adam stayed with Sardath and his daughter and overtime became the planet greatest protector. Alanna and Adam eventually married. The couple went many adventures together all over this strange world but each time Adam would be transported back to Earth. But with Sardath's help Adam is able to track the Zeta-Beams and returns to his friends and family on Rann. It was revealed in time the society of Rann have become sterile and the accident that brought Adam to Rann was not true. Sardath new his people were doomed if did not do something, he brought an Earthling to the planet to help. It was Sardath's hope that Adam would mate with his daughter Alanna, and that the couple would produce offspring. To counter those who would use Zeta-Beam technology for personal gain, Sardath also developed a Nega-Zeta-Beam ray.
When a rogue group of Thanagarians attack Rann, during the battle, the leader of the planet into the Thanagarian system, space Sector 2682 in the hope of creating a dictatorship. However, Rann's new location caused the orbit of Thanagar to become unstable, and the planet crashed into the system's sun. The surviving Thanagarians and Rannians now all live on Rann, and tensions are high between the two groups, as each blames the other for their predicament.
Rann-Thanagar Holy War
Adam Strange battles Synnar the Demiurge, and and actions in this story result in the depopulation Prince Gavyn's Throneworld at the hands of Lady StyxLater, to defeat Synnar and Lady Styx, Rann's atmosphere was explosively discharged into outer space with Rann's entire population Zeta-beamed to Throneworld. The Rannians are welcomed to stay on the planet and it is renamed New Rann.
- Genius Level Intellect: Sardath is a scientific genius who is responsible for engineering a wide variety of advanced technology including the Zeta-Beam.
- Sardath was modeled after Julius Schwartz, as a homage for creating Adam Strange and his whole mythos.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 85 Appearances of Sardath (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Sardath (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Sardath (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Sardath (New Earth)
- ↑ Man of Two Worlds (2000) -Julius Schwartz Autobiography