Satan Girl was a villain who once fought the Legion of Super-Heroes. During a period when Supergirl spent time in the 30th Century, she was exposed to a piece of Red Kryptonite. The Red-K knocked her unconscious and produced an evil duplicate of her which called herself Satan Girl and had all of powers, memories and scientific knowledge. Knowing the Red-K effect wore off after 48 hours and she'd merge back with Supergirl, Satan Girl devised a plan to live on.
Satan Girl built a pair of bracelet devices to draw Red-K radiation from her body and transfer her to other human being. She attacked the female Legionnaires, siphoning Kryptonite radiation into their bodies to preserve her existence. The female heroes fell ill and were placed under strict quarantine. Ignoring their strange illness' origin, the Legionnaires called it "Crimson Plague".
Then Satan Girl introduced herself to the Legion wearing a lead-lined mask and a black suit. She took credit for the plague and threatened to kill the Legionnaire girls if she wasn't accepted into the Legion. The Legionnaires called Supergirl in to fight Satan Girl, but Satan Girl proved to be even tougher than her.
Satan Girl almost killed Supergirl and destroyed the Legion, but the Legion of Super-Pets managed to hold her down until the effects of the Red Kryptonite wore off. Defeated, Satan Girl unmasked herself and revealed everything before being re-absorbed back into the body of Supergirl never to return.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Satan Girl possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Satan Girl's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. Her biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and her bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Satan Girl can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. She can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Satan Girl's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, she can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision Satan Girl's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Satan Girl can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. She can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, she can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows her to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Satan Girl's can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. She can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived - such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans - is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Satan Girl's can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Satan Girl is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of her dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Satan Girl is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, her extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Satan Girl is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on her body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Satan Girl's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of her musculature. Her strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables her to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Satan Girl is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to her perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Satan Girl is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from her lungs. She can chill the air as it leaves her lungs to freeze targets. She can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into her lungs.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Satan Girl possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Satan Girl owned a suit of lead armor to protect herself from Green Kryptonite's radiation.
- She also built a pair of bracelet devices to draw Red Kryptonite radiation from her body and radiate it into other human beings.
- This version of Satan Girl, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Nightflame is another character who was also Supergirl's dark side brought to life. Satan Girl and Nightflame could be thought of as the same character, manifesting in different ways.
- 3 Appearances of Satan Girl (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 1 Images featuring Satan Girl (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Quotations by or about Satan Girl (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Satan Girl (Pre-Zero Hour)
|Legion of Super-Heroes Villain(s)|
This character or group of characters is or was primarily an enemy of the Legion of Super-Heroes from the 31st Century, and may have existed in any of the various Legion continuities, including but not limited to the Original Legion, Reboot Legion, and the Prime Legion. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Legion of Super-Heroes villains" category.
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."