- I’m from the planet Saturn, where there has been no crime at all for centuries, and where everyone can perform amazing mental feats! One day, when I traveled to Earth, I felt a sudden desire to outwit the law with my powers of super-hypnotism, and so I joined the Legion of Super-Villains!
- -- Saturn Queen
- -- Saturn Queen
Eve Aries, alias Saturn Queen is a beautiful redhead from Titan a moon that circles' the planet Saturn in the 30th Century. Eve like Saturn Girl she is a telepath like all native people of her world. She battled the Legion of Super-Heroes along with Lightning Lord and Cosmic King as a member of the Legion of Super-Villains.
The three criminals have been joined by other Legion of Super-Villains including Sun Emperor, Beauty Blaze, and Echo. However, this Legion of Super-Villains was not contemporary with the Legion of Super-Heroes; rather, these were older villains claiming to have come to the Legion’s time from further in their own future. It is unclear whether or not these claims are true.
Having earned the right to do repair work in prison,Lex Luthor secretly steals components to build a device that allows him to send messages into the future. Having heard of Superman's previous exploits with the Legion in his youth, Luthor deduces that if there is a Legion of Super-Heroes, there must be a Legion of Super-Villains which he could contact to help him break out of prison. Lex's plan works and devices from the future to help break him out of jail are sent from the future, Luthor breaks out and is soon met with the 31st Century Legion of Super-Villains:
The group team up with Luthor to get revenge on Superman, who at that time was helping build Orphan City, for a bunch of orphans to live in. After the Legion of Super-Villains terrorized the celebrations, they lure Superman into a trap on a planet in the future where he is captured and sentenced to death.
However, before Luthor and the Legion of Super-Villains can pull the lever, the now adult Legion of Super-Heroes arrive and battle their evil counterparts. When the fight comes to a draw, the Legion offers one of their own to die in Superman's place, Saturn Woman volunteering to take his place. As a last wish she asks that Superman creates a ring around the planet they are on just like her home world of Saturn. With a ring around the planet, Saturn Queen suddenly becomes good and uses her mental powers to subdue her fellow evil Legionaries and Luthor. Superman reveals to the others that when Saturn Queen revealed why she became evil, Superman deduced that it was possibly because she was away from Saturn's ring which has a special property that made Titanians incapable of criminal or evil activity. With the criminals defeated, the good Legion takes the criminals into custody while Superman returns to the 20th Century to bring Lex back to the authorities to finish his prison term.
Saturn Queen along with her cohorts Cosmic King and Lightning Lord creates a parallel universe were they are the adopted parents of Superman and Batman. To do this the villains back in time and sabotaged the origins of Superman and Batman, first they Jonathan and Martha Kent just as they discovered Kryptonian ship, and killing Joe Chill immediately after he had murdered Thomas and Martha Wayne. They then set about killing the other members of the Justice League before the League was formed, for example, the Martian Manhunter was killed with fire just after Saul Erdel teleported him to Earth.
The two heroes were raised by the Super-Villains and are now their personnel enforcers. Saturn Queen was the only one concerned with their tampering of time. Having been a mother to the young Bruce and Clark for many years caused her to become especially attached to this to this new world. When things started to spiral out of control thanks to Wonder Woman's assault on the former heroes and Batman was killed and then Superman kills Wonder Woman. Saturn Queen was the only parent to shed tears. When they try to restore history, Batman kills his parents murderer and Ra's al Ghul takes over the world aided by the Legion, who battle the heroes again.
Living in an alternate reality changed Saturn Queen and she now wished to have a child again. When Alexander Luthor, Jr. brought the Multiverse back during the Infinite Crisis, her alternate reality was recreated. But when it collapsed she found herself trapped in the Phantom Zone, where she found Superman Antimatter Universe counterpart Ultraman. She saw him as a replacement for the version of Superman who she had raised, using her powers she altered his memories to think that she is his mother.
They travelled to Kandor where he was forced to imitate the current incarnation of Superman as part of a larger scheme of Saturn Queen who is using him as the figurehead of her cult called the "Praisesingers". This cult was being opposed by Power Girl and Supergirl working under the aliases of Nightwing and Flamebird in their efforts to depose Saturn Queen.
She was worried since her last child was lost to her through similar rebellion. Her son proved no match for Supergirl and would have died had it not been for her powers. Supergirl and Ultraman were to be married and Power Girl executed. She attempted to dive into Power Girl's mind but lost control of the others. Using the last of her strength, she reached for her son's mind, but he was almost killed by Supergirl. Begging for his life, she used her powers to provide Supergirl the information she needed and the left her in peace. She then cradled Ultraman in her arms as the rebels closed in.
She later joined Superboy-Prime's Legion of Super-Villains. Saturn Queen believes that all sentient life forms have deviance laced in their mind and only pretend to be good. Which is the exact opposite of Saturn Girl.
Legion of Three Worlds
The Legion of Super-Villains traveled to the sorcerers world of Zerox to recruit Mordru, Eve entered Green Lantern; Rond Vidar's mind and hindered his willpower long enough for Superboy-Prime to snap his neck. She attacks Saturn Girl alongside Esper Lass a fellow rogue telepath from Titan. However she was then stopped by the Saturn Girl's of Earth-247 and Earth-Prime. The three then teamed up to prevent Saturn from warning Superboy-Prime about what the Legion's next plan of attack was.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Telepathy: Saturn Queen has the ability to communicate with others using only the power of the mind. This is a natural power of all Titanians one of which they cannot turn off. This power allows her a number of mental and psychic abilities.
She has demonstrated the following specialized uses:
- Telepathic Defense: She can manifest her telepathy in a number of defensive ways.
- Telepathic Cloak: She can mask her presence and the use of her abilities from being detected by other psions and psychic entities. She can extend these defenses to others around her as well. Cloaking via telepathy is not perfect and powerful psis may notice and 'see' through this ability.
- Psionic Shield: Ability to erect a psychic shield for protection of herself and of others minds.
- Telepathic Illusions: She can create realistic telepathic illusions and cause people to experience events which are not actually occurring.
- Telepathic Camouflage: She can alter the apparent physical appearance of herself and other people by altering the perceptions of those around her. This can go so far as to make other people believe that the camouflaged people are not there e.g. invisible.
- Mind Control: She has mainly exhibited the power to take over minds of anyone she pleases. As Saturn Girl would put it, "With a thought they are all mine." However it is more difficult for her to control multiple minds at the same time.
- Mental Paralysis: She can induce temporary mental or physical paralysis
- Super Hypnotism: Often an easier ability to use rather than direct mind control, Saturn Queen can manipulate the minds and impose her will on selected targets. Being easier to suggest minds rather than take hold of them she can use this ability in tandem with her mind control to affect multiple people.
- Mental Amnesia: She can erase any awareness of particular memories or cause total amnesia.
- Mental Sedating: Can telepathically "sedate" her victims so that, if already rendered unconscious, they remain so for as long as he continues to "sedate" them.
- Psionic Blast: She can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness and turning someone brain-dead.
- Mental Detection: She can sense the presence of another superhuman within a small but as yet undefined radius of herself by perceiving the distinctive mental radiations emitted by such a being.
- Willful: Eve Aries has been described to have a strong personality and be quite affirmative in her beliefs; as such she seems to be quite willful and can affect others on Titan or off to feel differently about her.
- Eve Aries is from the same planetoid as Saturn Girl as exhibits the same powers. They have even shared a named (Saturn Woman) during different time periods and often to confuse each others teammates.
- 34 Appearances of Eve Aries (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 1 Images featuring Eve Aries (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Quotations by or about Eve Aries (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Eve Aries (Pre-Zero Hour)
- [[Wikipedia:* |Eve Aries (Pre-Zero Hour) at Wikipedia.org]]
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Legion of Super-Heroes Villain(s)|
This character or group of characters is or was primarily an enemy of the Legion of Super-Heroes from the 31st Century, and may have existed in any of the various Legion continuities, including but not limited to the Original Legion, Reboot Legion, and the Prime Legion. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Legion of Super-Heroes villains" category.