The Schemer was a criminal mastermind who gathered a large gang of thugs and planned a colossal heist in order to steal a large shipment of gold from the First National Bank in Gotham City. His plan consisted of making his henchmen pose as blind men across Gotham City and make the public eye that Batman had been killed by his men.
Batman was eventually drawn to investigate the case and the Schemer was forced to attack and kidnap Robin in order to stall the Dark Knight from stopping his plan. However, Batman managed to locate Schemer's hideout and with Alfred's help, he managed to save Robin and capture Schemer. Once the criminal was taken into prison, the various member of his gang followed suit.
- Animal Training: Schemer had trained his own, Brain-Drain, to attack enemies.
- Leadership: Schemer arranged and organized his large gang to steal a large shipment of gold.
- Tactical Analysis: Schemer was the mastermind of a major heist.
- Submarine: Used also as main base of operations and hideout.
- This version of Schemer, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Schemer (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Schemer (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Schemer (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Schemer (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."