Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
- The Chief saved our lives and gave us these powers so that we could make a difference.
- -- Scorch src
Scotty Fischer was one of the members of the original incarnation of the Doom Patrol. Scotty was an honor student at his high school before he had an accident which threatened his life by turning him into a "human volcano". Niles Caulder, otherwise known as the Chief, saved his life and the lives of others in order to better mankind through their tragedy. However, Scotty along with his teammate Karma were murdered by Atomica and Johnny Quick. Scotty, specifically, was killed when Atomica shrunk down small enough to get into his head, kick his brain, and instantly kill him before he hit the ground. 
- Energy Projection: A fiery kind of energy is constantly radiating from Scotty's skin making physical contact with him extremely dangerous. By removing his protective suit or gloves he can project this energy out for destructive blasts.
- Power Instability: Because of the nature of Scotty's ability he must wear a protective suit and remember to keep his radiation in check.
- Scott Fischer was created by Paul Kupperberg and Erik Larsen, first appearing in Doom Patrol (Volume 2) #6. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Scott Fischer first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League (Volume 2) #27 by Geoff Johns and Ivan Reiss.
- 1 Appearances of Scott Fischer (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Scott Fischer (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Scott Fischer (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Scott Fischer (Prime Earth)
Doom Patrol member