During the early 1940s, Scribbly Jibbet was an amateur cartoonist. He lived in New York City and was a close friend of neighborhood grocer Abigail "Ma" Hunkel. Scribbly had a little brother named Mortimer, better known by the nickname Dinky, who was a playmate of Ma Hunkel's daughter Sisty. Dink Jibbet and Sisty Hunkel often shared in adventures as the Cyclone Kids.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- Scribbly Jibbett was created by Sheldon Mayer, who based the character partly on himself. Scribbly's first appearance was in The Funnies #2, published by Dell Comics, November 1936. He continued to appear in The Funnies and Popular Comics (also from Dell) until 1939, when Mayer moved to All-American Comics and took Scribbly with him.
- 73 Appearances of Scribbly Jibbet (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Scribbly Jibbet (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Scribbly Jibbet (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Scribbly Jibbet (New Earth)
- Scribbly at dccomics.com
- Scribbly at Wikipedia.org
- Scribbly at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Scribbly at Don Markstein's Toonopedia