A member of New York's elite, Rothschild was arrested 15 years ago, and is rumored to be a magician. Recently, he was linked to a series of murders in Gotham City, which involved mob financiers being murdered in a fashion which suggested Gotham super-criminals. This case is in some way connected to the current Firefly. When Batman investigated the crimes he eventually learned of the crime group made up of several super villains as well as mob financiers. When the Riddler "lost his mind" and joined the heroes as a private eye his search brought him back to Blackspell. Riddler then proceeded to concoct an elaborate plan to use his associations with Blackspell to goad Blackspell into attacking and killing the old members of the group so Riddler could make away with the money. The plan worked and Blackspell began to attack the members; when Blackspell learned of Riddler's plan he didn't attack the Riddler and caused the Riddler to do some drastic things. In the end Blackspell did attack Riddler but Batman intervened and knocked over a boiled cauldron of a magic potion. Blackspell was turned into the withering tree monster that he had wanted Riddler to live his life as. But when touched by rain or water he reverted back to Blackspell and was arrested by the Batman.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Sebastian Blackspell is a master of stage magic, and may have acquired genuine mystic knowledge.
- Regardless, he has shown above-average intelligence and a penchant for elaborate planning.
- Sebastian Blackspell's real last name may connect him to the actual Rothschild family.
- 2 Appearances of Sebastian Rothschild (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Sebastian Rothschild (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Sebastian Rothschild (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Sebastian Rothschild (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."