Selinda Flinders and her brother Baran Flinders are natives of Australia. They were teased by their fellow classmates for being different. As children, they both used their powers to fight their tormentors. Because of this, they were driven out of town by the angry and frightened parents. Selinda and Baran's parents sent them off to the country of Markovia, where they were put in the care of scientist Dr. Helga Jace. While Dr. Jace tried to teach the young mutants a sense of morality, the two instead turned to a life of crime.
As Shimmer, Selinda was one of the founding members of the Fearsome Five, which she joined after answering an advert placed in the Underworld Star by Doctor Light. Shimmer and the Fearsome Five fought with the Teen Titans on numerous occasions, as well as Superman, but never successfully. Shimmer eventually renounced her criminal life and retired, along with Baran, to a Tibetan monastery. However, her peaceful existence ended when her former teammate Psimon tracked her down. Using his psychic powers, Psimon turned Shimmer's body into glass and shattered it.
- Molecular Reconstruction: Shimmer is a metahuman with ability to transmute any element or compound into any other.
- Power Limitation: Her transmutations only last for up to three minutes. Also, she can only affect materials within a three foot radius of herself.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Shimmer is mentioned as a probable, but not likely source for Kryptonite in Countdown to Infinite Crisis.
- 47 Appearances of Selinda Flinders (New Earth)
- 9 Images featuring Selinda Flinders (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Selinda Flinders (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Selinda Flinders (New Earth)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Teen Titans, the Titans, or any of the other various Titans incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Titans Villains" category.
Copy Edit Needed