"Homeless Superior": As All-Beard's train car speeds down Manhattans' subway tunnels, Guardian hangs on by a single chain, hoping only to save his fiancee, Carla. However, the chain is cut by All-Beard, sending Jake tumbling down the railway.
- Ed I'm a magnet for death and trouble. I can't go on with this after what hapenned.
Appearing in "Homeless Superior"
Synopsis for "Homeless Superior"
As All-Beard's train car speeds down Manhattans' subway tunnels, Guardian hangs on by a single chain, hoping only to save his fiancee, Carla. However, the chain is cut by All-Beard, sending Jake tumbling down the railway. As he gets up, another train-car stops behind him; this one belonging to All-Beards' rival, No-Beard. No-Beard lets Jake aboard, agreeing to help him get to All-Beards' car.
While they traverse through the tunnels, No-Beard explains that he and All-Beard are having a race to see who can find the "Long-Lost Foundation Stone of New York", a legendary six-sided god-machine left behind long ago by the city's architects. As No-Beards' train approaches All-Beards', Jake and some pirates engage in an cross-train brawl with the rival gang. Jake and Carla jump off, and the pirates fall to their doom as the track ends at a "Dead Mans Junction".
Jake and Carla go to Larry's funeral, and Jake reconvenes with Ed, as he contemplates quitting the Guardian persona.
Meanwhile, it is revealed that both All-Beard and No-Beard survived the train wreckage, and the duo make it to "Heart of New York", a podium surrounded by broken chains and radioactive liquid. All-Beard and No-Beard tread through the liquid and arrive at the podium, where the find the stone. The stone however, turns out to be a small six-sided dice. Nonetheless, they are satisfied with their discovery.
Days later, tales of a "Mad Pirate-King" haunting the subway on his ghost train full of skeletons arise, but turn out to be just No-Beard, who is sick and soon to die after being exposed to the radioactive liquid under the city.
- This book was first published on May 18, 2005.
- This is part 7 of the Mega series "Seven Soldiers of Victory". Continued in Zatanna #2.
- While No-Beard drives through the subway tunnel, his car runs over the monster Horigal, who was last seen chasing Klarion in Klarion #1. This event is replayed in Klarion #2.
- No-Beard also mentions to Jake that there are tales of a "big, wild world under the sidewalk", and underground markets where "Puritan kiddie-snatchers" trade with "Talking Rats".
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Seven Soldiers: Manhattan Guardian Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Seven Soldiers: Manhattan Guardian series
- Images from Seven Soldiers: Manhattan Guardian Vol 1 2
Links and References
- No external links.