- Look... who you were, you left stateside. You're lucky, you'll get to be that person again. In Easy, who we are now is all that matters. This war, you're gonna do some things the person you were might find damn hard to live with. So I'm doing him a favor, and leavin' 'im home.
- -- Sgt. Rock
Appearing in "Between Hell and a Hard Place"
Synopsis for "Between Hell and a Hard Place"
Things go wrong for Easy Company as usual during an operation in the forests of Germany. While escorting a number of hostage Officers through hostile territory, they're ambushed and find three of their prisoners executed at point-blank in the conflict. Sgt. Rock is determined to find the murderer, leading them into problems of morality and identity. In wartime, is any killing unethical? As the atrocities of battle rage around them, and innocent men lose their lives, Easy fights for what's right. It is eventually discovered that the killer was actually another of the officers, enraged that his comrades had raped a prisoner he had fallen in love with. Easy takes the town it was ordered to from the top, destroying a tank in the process, and lose about half of their number in the shooting. Rock personally shoots the rogue Nazi officer dead and apologizes to the rest of his men for suspecting them. It was a short lapse in his trust, and he regrets it, but it won't happen again.
- Sgt. Rock: Between Hell and a Hard Place is a hardcover graphic novel.
- No trivia.
Links and References
- Between Hell and a Hard Place review at IGN
- Between Hell and a Hard Place review at World in Progress
- Between Hell and a Hard Place review at The 4th Rail
- Between Hell and a Hard Place at The Grand Comics Database Project