The Shadow Cabinet is a centuries-old secret order of superheroes dedicated to protecting humanity at all costs. Led by the precognitive Dharma, they attempt to neutralize potential threats to the world while they are still relatively small and manageable. Their methods are controversial and often underhanded. Although many more traditional mainstream heroes often team up with the Shadow Cabinet, they also frequently come into conflict with others on both sides of the law. They operate on an international basis, and their full agenda is only known to their leader at any given time. They first revealed themselves to the contemporary heroes of the world during the Shadow War, when there was a sudden mass recruitment drive to help combat a faction that had seceded from the Cabinet, the Star Chamber.
The DC Universe heavily changed its continuity into the DCnU following the events of Flashpoint in 2011. This was part of an effort to make storylines more accessible to newer readers, beginning with the New 52. This new timeline combines elements from the DCU, Vertigo Universe and Wildstorm Universe while drastically changing the origins and histories of characters.
- Shadow Disk, standard disk-shaped communicator used by all Shadow Cabinet members.
- Shadowslide: The teleportation device through which operatives enter the Shadowspire. Shadowsliding is only possible in complete darkness, or else the device overloads and cannot be used for over an hour.
Weapons: None known.
- Although the Shadow Cabinet was originally (as a Milestone Media feature) a part of the Dakotaverse, they have recently been integrated into the mainstream DC Universe, introduced in a conflict with the Justice League of America.
- No trivia.
- 37 Appearances of Shadow Cabinet
- 11 Images that include Shadow Cabinet
- Team Gallery: Shadow Cabinet
- Fan-Art Gallery: Shadow Cabinet