"My Worlds Opposed!": While Fell Andar fights with Hawkman, another group of Thanagarians inside of Grinders Bluff place Rab Mekir inside of an Absorbascon. Using the mind-reading device, he informs the others that Hawkman's allies in
Appearing in "My Worlds Opposed!"
- Hyathis (Flashback only)
- Justice League of America (Flashback only)
- Icarus (Eddie Hamilton) (Behind the scenes)
- Mavis Trent (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "My Worlds Opposed!"
While Fell Andar fights with Hawkman, another group of Thanagarians inside of Grinders Bluff place Rab Mekir inside of an Absorbascon. Using the mind-reading device, he informs the others that Hawkman's allies in the Justice League know the secret coordinates of Katar's police ship orbiting the Earth.
Meanwhile, Fell Andar's aids arrive and overpower Hawkman. They bind him with suppressor-lock handcuffs and intend on forcing him to relinquish the secrets behind the anti-gravity technology. But suddenly three blasts of energy rain down repelling the aliens. Hawkman looks up to see... Hawkwoman! Seemingly back from the dead, she sends the other Thanagarians scattering throughout the cave. Hawkman breaks out of the handcuffs and the two heroes fly away to safety.
Shayera later explains that the person whom Katar had believed to have been murdered was actually artist, Mavis Trent. Mavis had discovered that the Halls were actually the Hawks and had tried on Shayera's costume. When Rab Mekir broke into the museum, Mavis surprised him and reflexively he shot and killed whom he believed was Hawkwoman. After the incident, Hawkwoman disguised herself as Mavis and tried to get Hawkman's attention, but he ignored her.
Knowing that Fell Andar has access to an Absorbascon, the Hawks realize that they must destroy all pertinent information about them from the JLA databanks without alerting anyone as to their true purpose. They fly to the JLA's Detroit based headquarters and zap Aquaman and Elongated Man with stun weapons. They then set to eradicating all trace of their identities from the computer terminal. But then a transmission comes in over the monitor. It is Fell Andar. Using the knowledge he had taken earlier, he and his crew now inhabit the Hawks' space ship and is planning on using it to help him conquer the Earth.
- This book was first published on April 4, 1985.
- In the Post-Crisis-on-Infinite-Earths era, this series was no longer considered part of modern continuity; during those years, Aquaman and Elongated Man's appearances in this issue were likewise rendered apocryphal. Continuity has been rebooted quite a number of times since then. Or to paraphrase Alan Moore, "They're all imaginary stories."
- Flashback cameos of Batman, Black Canary, Flash, Green Arrow, and Superman.
- A news broadcast makes reference to the disappearance of Eddie Hamilton (Icarus) from issue #2.
- The Equalizer Plague of Thanagar was chronicled in Justice League of America #117.
- Hyathis appears in a flashback to World's Finest Comics #278.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Shadow War of Hawkman Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Shadow War of Hawkman series
- Images from Shadow War of Hawkman Vol 1 3
- Hawkman Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Hawkman at Wikipedia.org
- Hawkman Profile by Alan Kistler
- Hawkman Timeline
- Hawkfan Homepage
- Hawkworld at the DCU Guide
- Hawkman at TV Tropes
- Shadow War of Hawkman #3 spoilers