"One Year Later": The Shadowpact returns to the outside world after having defeated the efforts of the Pentacle and the Sun King. Although they only spent a short amount of time inside the Blood Barrier surrounding Riverrock, they disco
- Does my butt really look that big?
- -- Nightshade
Appearing in "One Year Later"
- Blue Moon (First appearance)
- Doctor Gotham (First appearance)
- Jack of Fire
- Sun King (Flashback only)
- Breed Building
- Fatted Calf Steakhouse
- Rags 'n Tatters
- Daily Planet (cameo)
- Queen Anne Residential Neighborhood
- Shadowpact Memorial
Synopsis for "One Year Later"
The Shadowpact returns to the outside world after having defeated the efforts of the Pentacle and the Sun King. Although they only spent a short amount of time inside the Blood Barrier surrounding Riverrock, they discover that an entire year has passed for everyone else. As such, the outside world believed that the Shadowpact had died. A large monument has been erected for them honoring their efforts during the Day of Vengeance event.
Nightshade, having encased most of the Pentacle inside of an umbral cube, brings them to the Dark Tower - a mystical ediface that dampens mystic energy. Joshua Coldrake agrees to keep the Pentacle contained.
Later in Gotham City, Strega enters the Breed Building and takes the elevator all the way down to the lower levels. There, she awakens a warlock who has been slumbering beneath the city for millennia. Believing that his essence has been a guiding influence in the development of Gotham City, the Warlock takes to calling himself Doctor Gotham.
Elsewhere in Gotham, Nightmaster and Detective Chimp enter the Oblivion Bar, only to find that it has come under new management in their absence. The bar is now run by a flipper-limbed telekinetic named Eddie Deacon.
Ragman attempts to get back to his old life, only to find that a psychotic mercenary named Blue Moon wants to kill him. Ragman channels strength from the souls trapped inside his rags, and manages to judo-flip Blue Moon into an alleyway wall.
- Betty, Debbie and Jane - the three waitresses at the Oblivion Bar will not be referenced by name until issue #6.
- Blue Moon's name is revealed in issue #6.
- Although this issue does not technically fall under the One Year Later banner, the subtitle to this issue still recognizes it as a One Year Later event, due to the time that the Shadowpact spent trapped inside the Blood Barrier.
- Black Orchid and Fred of the Ghost Patrol make cameo appearances inside the Oblivion Bar.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Shadowpact Vol 1 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Shadowpact series
- Images from Shadowpact Vol 1 5
- Blue Devil #1-31, Annual #1
- Day of Vengeance #1-6, Special #1
- Infinite Crisis #1-7
- Phantom Stranger (Volume 1) #1-6
- Phantom Stranger (Volume 2) #1-41
- Phantom Stranger (Volume 3) #1-4
- Ragman (Volume 1) #1-5
- Ragman (Volume 2) #1-8
- Ragman (Volume 3) #1-6
Links and References
- Shadowpact article at Wikipedia
- Shadowpact series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Shadowpact series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Shadowpact review at TheFourthRail