Shan-Zi was a supernatural being who tried to transfer his life essence into the body of a young man in Gotham City Chinatown. For this purpose, he sealed the town with a magical barrier and prevented outside forces to break into Chinatown. However, Batman was already inside and he started working to find a way to stop Shahn-Zi. At that same moment, Jim Corrigan happened to be in Gotham City and he noticed the disturbance in Chinatown and freed the Spectre to stop Shan-Zi as well. The combined forces of Batman and Spectre managed to put an end to Shahn-Zi's plan and he was vanished from the world.
Shahn-Zi eventually returned to terrorize Chinatown and he was confronted by Batman and a new ally, the demon Etrigan. Shahn-Zi managed to gain the upper hand against them, but he was eventually defeated by Etrigan, who gained additional powers thanks to Merlin. Shahn-Zi's defeat was permanent, as he never made a comeback and was presumed dead after this confrontation.
- This version of Shahn-Zi, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Shahn-Zi (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Shahn-Zi (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Shahn-Zi (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Shahn-Zi (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."