Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Copy Edit Needed
Because of a lightning strike on a plane, Kismet and Sharon Vance (Clark Kent's childhood friend from Smallville) became one entity known as the "Strange Visitor". She had become a being of pure electromagnetic energy, and was drawn to the laboratories of Professor Emil Hamilton, who still had one of Superman's containment suits. Emil modified the suit to fit her since test results showed that her energy field was dissolving, and the suit would help her maintain solid form. Her memories were weak, and even though she easily used her powers to magnetically levitate trains over destroyed tracks, destroy alien attackers with an electromagnetic pulse, and absorb the powers of a self-proclaimed "god of war", she still wasn't sure who she really was.
Even more disturbing was the fact that her emotional state was affecting her powers, and when she became angry or upset, her power levels surged to the point where her containment suit was almost unable to handle all of the energy. If the suit were to fail, she would lose her physical form. A battle with the Parasite restored her powers and her memories.
She later went on to become a hero in her own city. She fought Gorilla Grodd in New York, but was accused of attacking a "monkey".
When the Imperiex fleet attacked Earth, Strange Visitor gave all of her powers to Superman. He defeated the powerful entity by cracking his armor and draining his energy, an act which resulted in Strange Visitor's death, but opened the way for Superman to vanquish Imperiex and save the universe.
- Electromagnetism: Strange Visitor was connected to the Earth's geomagnetic field, and had the power to manipulate electromagnetic energies, which enabled her to fire blasts of electrical energy from her hands or eyes; generate magnetic fields to move, lift, and manipulate metal objects; create force fields, steal energy from others, and even "read" an object's magnetic field.
- Her superhero identity's name is based on the Adventures of Superman TV series' intro sequence where the announcer describes Superman as a "strange visitor from another planet".
- 11 Appearances of Sharon Vance (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Sharon Vance (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Sharon Vance (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Sharon Vance (New Earth)
Superman Family member