Shazam the Wizard is the guardian of the Rock of Eternity, keeping the powers of magic in balance and guarding the earthrealm from banished Djinn. Black Adam was the original student of the Wizard, who was banished away to the farthest corners of the universe for his pride. Adam eventually returned to the Rock of Eternity, aiming to take his revenge on the Wizard, seizing his throne. When Shazam tried to send his new champion, Billy Batson, against Black Adam, the villainous sorcerer used a sphere to take over Shazam's magic for himself. His powers doubled, Black Adam dethroned his old master and took Billy hostage, then released the ancient Djinns upon the Earth. As Shazam walked upon the Earth, trying to return to the Rock, he was assisted by Gotham City vigilante Batman. Together, Shazam and Batman fought against Black Adam and managed to release the source of Billy's powers, while Shazam took his throne back and banished Black Adam to the ancient times. Black Adam would wait for thousands of years to come back to the present, finally released by the Djinn, but ended up defeated by the Justice League.
- Divine Empowerment - All of the powers granted collection of six by gods and figures of legend.
- Accelerated Healing
- Clairvoyance: The ability to understand situations from many angles, including future and past consequences with superhuman clarity and accuracy.
- Divine Grace: Innate luck and divine guidance that allows finesse in actions and dealings with others.
- Eidetic Memory
- Magic Resistance
- Enhanced Intellect: Intellect and wisdom are heightened to superhuman levels. This also provides great or comprehensive knowledge in many areas, including:
- Flight: The ability to hover or soar at high speed through an act of sheer will.
- Healing: The ability to use the transformative lightning to heal others or one's self instantly.
- Indomitable Will: An incredible amount of willpower that allows perseverance in overwhelming odds and seemingly unbeatable situations.
- Self-Sustenance: The ability to survive without sleep, food, water, or air.
- Superhuman Speed: The ability to run or fly at incredible rates of speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Superhuman Agility
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Strength
- Teleportation: The ability to access the Rock of Eternity and teleport other beings towards it.
- Transformation: The ability to transform from a mortal to the entity empowered by the six.
- Keeper of the Rock of Eternity: As the Guardian of the Rock of Eternity, he is infused with the duty to keep the power and the magic of the earth realm in balance. As keeper of the Rock of Eternity he also holds the dark forces at bay, such as the Djinn.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Justice League Action and is an adaptation of Shazam. The original character was created by Bill Parker and C.C. Beck and first appeared in Whiz Comics #2.
- Shazam was voiced by Carl Reiner
- 1 Appearances of Shazam (Justice League Action)
- 1 Images featuring Shazam (Justice League Action)
- 1 Quotations by or about Shazam (Justice League Action)
- Character Gallery: Shazam (Justice League Action)
|Marvel Family member |
This character is or was a member of the Marvel Family in any of its various incarnations, and an ally of Captain Marvel and the Wizard Shazam. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Marvel Family members."