"Isis... as in Crisis!": Andrea Thomas and Rick Mason, teachers at the local high school, witness their old school building being demolished. Suddenly, Rick spots a student named Cindy Lee trapped by a fallen beam and a
- Zephyr winds that blow on high, lift me up so I can fly!
- -- Isis
Appearing in "Isis... as in Crisis!"
Synopsis for "Isis... as in Crisis!"
Andrea Thomas and Rick Mason, teachers at the local high school, witness their old school building being demolished. Suddenly, Rick spots a student named Cindy Lee trapped by a fallen beam and a section of wall about to crush her. Andrea stands off to one side and says, "Mighty Isis!" A magical transformation occurs and Andrea becomes Isis, Goddess of Egypt. As she runs to the construction site she says, "Ground beneath us all, bury the tumbling wall". At her command, a mound of dirt surges upward, deflects the falling masonry, and saves Cindy. Captain Marvel arrives as Cindy explains to Isis that she saw two suspicious looking men running through the site. Captain Marvel asks Isis how she acquired her powers. Isis does not reply and begins to daydream about the time when Andrea Thomas, in Egypt on a scientific expedition, found the amulet that enabled her to become The Mighty Isis. She is broken out of her daydream by Captain Marvel. As he leaves, Isis runs around a corner and disappears.
Cindy asks Rick if they could see a movie together. He turns her down but he lends her his car so she can go. As Cindy frets about being treated like a child, the two men, who robbed the local museum, return to the site and start to dig for their stolen gold coin collection. As they make their getaway, Cindy recognizes them and follows behind in Rick's car. The robbers capture Cindy, tie her to the car seat, and release the hand-brake so the car can go off a cliff.
Back at the construction site, Andrea asks the foreman about the two men. When he tells her that he saw Cindy going after the robbers, Andrea runs behind a trailer and changes into Isis. She says, "Zephyr winds that blow on high, lift me up so I can
fly!" She soars as the falcon soars, rescues Cindy and captures the fleeing gold robbers.
Appearing in "The Bicentennial Villain"
Synopsis for "The Bicentennial Villain"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- "The Bicentennial Villain" is reprinted in Shazam: From the 40's to the 70's and Showcase Presents: Shazam #1.
- This is the first mainstream comic book appearance of Isis (Andrea Thomas) and her friends, Cindy Lee and Rick Mason. These characters were created for the 1976 children's television series, The Secret of Isis. The show served as a partner series to the Shazam! live-action program, with the title characters often making guest appearances in each other's show. Filmation aired twenty-two episodes of Isis before series cancellation in 1977.
- The plot line from "The Bicentennial Villain" is intended to reflect the theme of the Shazam! television series. In this issue, Uncle Marvel fills the role assigned to the character of Mentor from the show.
- This issue is job number J-4350.
- This issue includes a one-page public service announcement featuring Superman titled, Justice for All Includes Children, 6.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Shazam Vol 1 25 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Shazam series
- Images from Shazam Vol 1 25
- Captain Marvel Adventures
- Captain Marvel, Jr.
- Mary Marvel
- Shazam, Power of
- Shazam, Trials of
- Shazam: The New Beginning
Links and References
- Power of Shazam article at Wikipedia
- Captain Marvel article at Wikipedia
- Captain Marvel article at Toonopedia
- Captain Marvel biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Isis character page at Wikipedia
- Isis (Goddess) article at Wikipedia
- Isis (TV Series) article at Wikipedia
- Isis (TV Series) entry at the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)
- Secret of Isis Unofficial web-site
- Isis (Marvel Character) page at the Marvel Database Project
- Marvel Family article at Toonopedia
- Marvel Family Web
- Shazam article at Wikipedia
- Shazam biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Shazam television series entry at the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)