Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Thank you, but I'm afraid the pipe is purely for show, these days.
- -- Sherlock Holmes src
Sherlock Holmes is largely considered the father of modern criminal investigation. Active in London, England during the latter half of the 19th century, Holmes became world renowned for his intellectual prowess and his skillful use of deductive reasoning. He lived at 221B, Baker Street, London, from where he runs his consulting detective service.
He solved dozens of investigations for Scotland Yard and the crown ranging from petty theft to murder. Holmes shares the majority of his professional years with his good friend and chronicler Dr. John H. Watson, who lives with Holmes at Baker Street until his marriage, and again after his wife's death. Their residence is maintained by the landlady, Mrs. Hudson.
Near the turn of the century, Holmes went into retirement and became a recluse. Miraculously, Holmes survived well into the late 20th century, due in large part to Oriental meditation techniques and clean living. He had long since quit smoking tobacco and only carried his trademark calabash pipe as a memento.
Decades later, Holmes (well over a hundred years old) met the famed costumed detective Batman, as well as the Elongated Man and Slam Bradley. The group worked closely together on a case that came to be known as the "Doomsday Book" case.
- Genius Level Intellect: Holmes is a brilliant, virtually peerless, detective, strategist, scientist.
- Investigation: He was widely considered as the World's Greatest Detective, capable of observation, forensic investigation, and inductive and deductive reasoning of the highest caliber.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): Holmes is a capable brawler, and could defeat most street thugs in single combat.
- This character is an adaptation of Sherlock Holmes, a character from the novel A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle published in 1887. More information can be found in the Wikipedia.org article Sherlock Holmes.
- In the pre-Crisis Multiverse, Earth-Two, Earth-S and Earth-One each had a separate and distinct Sherlock Holmes. On the post-Crisis New Earth, those three characters were combined into one being.
- 12 Appearances of Sherlock Holmes (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Sherlock Holmes (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Sherlock Holmes (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Sherlock Holmes (New Earth)