Shirley Rice was the wife of abusive drunk Jim Rice and the adoptive mother of Todd Rice. She and Jim later had a child of their own, Jeremy Rice, but Shirley eventually came to realize that she couldn't stand living with Jim any longer and walked out, taking Jeremy with her. She left Todd with his 'father', feeling that, in trying to persuade her to stay, he had taken Jim's side. Todd Rice later discovered his true heritage and became the superhero Obsidian. What became of Shirley and Jeremy is unknown.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 2 Appearances of Shirley Rice (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Shirley Rice (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Shirley Rice (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Shirley Rice (New Earth)