- Turn me in if you must, but I'm fighting Hyathis... to the death if needed!
Appearing in "Adventures on Other Worlds"
- Byth Rok
- Jarl (Byth's changeling confederate)
- Kanjar Ro
- Shadow Thief
- The Shadow-Squad
- Arvese (race)
- Manhawks (race)
- Kirri (race)
- Vantors (race)
Synopsis for "Adventures on Other Worlds"
Reaching Thanagar, Adam Strange breaks away from the others (Hawkman, Hawkgirl and Alanna), and diverts Kanjar Ro's warship from firing upon their spacecraft. Now safe, the others are able to land their ship on the planet's surface. Hawkman immediately seeks out Andar Pul, but is attacked by the Manhawks, Byth and Jarl before finding the police chief.
Once the two meet, Andar Pul reveals that Hyathis, Kanjar Ro's old foe, has brought Thanagar out of its equalizing plague, and in return she has been made Queen. Under her rule, she has released all the criminals in custody, and made them into an invading army. Shocked by the new turn of events, Hawkman goes after Hyathis in order to stop her rein. Andar Pul contacts her, warning her about Hawkman's intentions. Meanwhile, Adam Strange learns that Kanjar Ro intends to assassinate her.
Being forewarned about Hawkman, Hyathis sends the Shadow Thief and his Shadow Squad after him, but he makes it to her palace anyway. Hawkman is able to get past Andar Pul just as Kanjar Ro is about to shoot her. He prevents the assassination, and in gratitude, Hyathis allows Katar, Shayera and Adam Strange to live, but when they refuse to pledge fealty, they're banished to space.
Adam Strange is dropped off on Rann to quell the Civil Wars there, and Hawkman and Hawkgirl return to Earth.
- This issue is dedicated to Mike Sekowsky, Joe Giella, Murphy Anderson and Sid Greene.
- The story's title, "Adventures on Other Worlds," is a homage to Adam Strange's first appearance in Showcase #17 under the same heading: Adventures on Other Worlds.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Showcase Vol 1 103 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Showcase series
Links and References
- No external links.