Appearing in "Around the World in 80 Minutes"
- Black Cat (Single appearance)
- Bandits (Single appearance)
- Princess Tara (Single appearance)
- Submarine (Destroyed in this issue)
Synopsis for "Around the World in 80 Minutes"
After taking Iris on a date to see the film "Around the World in 80 Days", Iris muses how long it would take Flash to run around the world before reminding Barry that they have a date and he shouldn't be late. That night, Barry completes a new radio wrist watch that will allow him to hear emergency broadcasts from around the world.
The next day Flash races to Paris to stop the Black Cat from blowing up the Eiffel Tower, travels to Egypt to saves Princess Tara from El Claw, stops an avalanche near Mt. Everest, and stops a pirate submarine. After recovering the crew targeted by the pirate sub, they tell him it's Tuesday. Fearing he's late for his date (Which was for Monday evening) Flash races back to the States and changes into Barry Allen, and finds to his relief that it's still Monday on his side of the world and he's just in time for his date with Iris.
Appearing in "Master of the Elements"
- Mr. Element (First appearance) (Origin)
- Argon (Henchman) (Single appearance)
- Krypton (Henchman) (Single appearance)
- Radon (Henchman) (Single appearance)
- Xenon (Henchman) (Single appearance)
- Flash's Costume Ring
Synopsis for "Master of the Elements"
Palladium Jewlery store is robbed by a fantastic new villain called Mr. Element, who has a weapon that manipulates the very elements themselves. The robbery gets the attention of Barry Allen, who races off as the Flash to try and stop Mr. Element, but to no avail, as Mr. Element uses his element changing device to get away.
After another failed attempt at stopping Mr. Element, the Flash is issued a challenge and meets with the villain for a one on one fight. During the fight Element creates magnetic light which causes the Flash to be shot out into space. Element's victory proves to be short lived, as the Flash uses his momentum to sling-shot around the Moon and return to Earth, where he quickly dispatches Element and his goons and turns them over to the police.
- This issue is reprinted in 80-Page Giant #4, Flash Archives, Volume 1, Flash Chronicles, Volume 1 and Showcase Presents: The Flash, Volume 1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Showcase Vol 1 13 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Showcase series
Links and References
- No external links.