Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Coming of the Costumed Incompetents": When a mad scientist threatens Megalopolis, the police call the retired super-hero team, the Freedom Brigade. The heroes are far past their prime, so they outfit their children to become a new team of heroes in their place. The son of the Patriot and La
Appearing in "The Coming of the Costumed Incompetents"
- Inferior Five (First appearance)
- Dr. Gregory Gruesome (First appearance)
- Hermes (Gruesome's assistant) (First appearance)
- Louis the Lip
- An unnamed costumer
- Toho (Sumo Wrestler; Trainer for Merry Man) (First appearance) (Flashback only)
- Shinboni Ruby
- Super-Laser Death Beam
- Ruby Ring from a Gumball Machine
- Dr. Gruesome's Robot Helper
- Dr. Gruesome's Crime Car
Synopsis for "The Coming of the Costumed Incompetents"
When a mad scientist threatens Megalopolis, the police call the retired super-hero team, the Freedom Brigade. The heroes are far past their prime, so they outfit their children to become a new team of heroes in their place. The son of the Patriot and Lady Liberty becomes the 97-pound weakling Merryman. The daughter of Princess Power is airhead Dumb Bunny. The son of Mr. Might and the Mermaid is the clumsy Awkwardman. Captain Swift's son the Blimp can fly, but only at incredibly slow speed. Rounding out the group is the Bowman's son White Feather who is a coward. The new team takes the name the Inferior Five. They soon encounter a robot created by Dr. Gregory Gruesome, designed to steal a ruby for a death-ray. By accident, the team succeeds in beating the robot. Gruesome doesn't give up, attacking the five with his crime car. While they do battle, Gruesome's assistant Hermes steals the ruby.
Gruesome escapes from the heroes and is able to complete his death-ray. When the Inferior Five regroups and locates the scientist, he uses the death-ray against them. The beam reflects off a mirror, Dumb Bunny was using to touch-up her make-up. The deflected beam strikes Gruesome, who then surreneders.
- This book was first published on March 24, 1966.
- It has been speculated that the adventures of the Inferior Five take place on Earth-12 as they were shown to be looking for that Earth in Oz-Wonderland Wars #3.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Showcase Vol 1 62 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Showcase series
- Images from Showcase Vol 1 62
Links and References
- No external links.