"The Coming of the Creeper":
- The world has more than its share of troublemakers, tormentors and terrorists! And perhaps not quite enough forces of courage, strength and justice to combat them. But now -- a new force against evil is about to make its presence felt. A unique power, embodied in a remarkable character, and dedicated to the defeat of the destroyers. A man thrust accidentally into a dynamic destiny -- and who accepts the explosive challenge. For it is he who will defy those destroyers, and make them Beware the Creeper!!!
Appearing in "The Coming of the Creeper"
- Creeper (First appearance)
- Bill Brane (First appearance)
- Angel Devlin (Single appearance)
- Vince (Single appearance)
- Charley (Single appearance)
- Major Smej (Single appearance)
- Professor Yatz (First appearance) (Dies)
- Dr. Clayton Wetley (Single appearance)
- Pete (Single appearance)
- Mr. Pell (Single appearance)
- Secret Serum
Synopsis for "The Coming of the Creeper"
Jack Ryder, a TV host turned network security investigator when he loses his former job, is assigned to investigate the case of Professor Yatz, a scientist captured by criminals and about to be turned over to Communist spies for shipping back to the Soviet Union. Since the place where Yatz is being held is throwing a costume party, Ryder buys a costume made of odds and ends, including a green wig and a red sheepskin "cape." He finds Yatz, but not before getting cut in the stomach by a knife. Yatz heals his wound with a special formula of his devising, and plants in the wound an activator, whose mate the costumed Ryder has in his hand. The activator allows Ryder the ability to dematerialize or rematerialize his costume at the twist of a dial. The professor's formula also energizes him physically. Yatz is shot dead, but Ryder, in costume, defeats the hoods and spies. In the process, he is branded falsely as a crook, and becomes wanted by both the police and underworld under the name of "the Creeper".
- This book was first published on January 23, 1968.
- First appearance of the Creeper. He appears next in Beware the Creeper #1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Showcase Vol 1 73 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Showcase series
- Images from Showcase Vol 1 73
Links and References
- Creeper (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Creeper at Cosmic Teams
- Creeper at the DCU Guide
- Creeper at Toonopedia
- Creeper Index at Dark Mark
- Creeper at the DC Animated Universe Wikia