Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
""The Hawk and the Dove"": A mysterious disembodied entity known only as the Voice bestows great physical power upon two teenage brothers, Hank and Donald Hall. Hank is an aggressive militant who believes in handling things with his fists, w
- Yick! What kind of a stupid costume is this? I didn't want a costume - let alone one as sickening as this get-up!
- -- Dove
Appearing in "The Hawk and the Dove"
- Mrs. Hall
Synopsis for "The Hawk and the Dove"
A mysterious disembodied entity known only as the Voice bestows great physical power upon two teenage brothers, Hank and Donald Hall. Hank is an aggressive militant who believes in handling things with his fists, while his brother is a pacifist preferring to affect change through peaceful accords. Their personalities manifest themselves into two new personas – the Hawk and the Dove.
Hank and Don Hall live in the small Midwestern community of Elmond. Their father, is the respected conservative judge, Irwin Hall. Irwin Hall takes a hard-line approach against the idea of vigilantism and when he discovers that two new heroes named Hawk and Dove are operating within Elmond, he openly denounces their illegal actions.
Meanwhile, a local crime boss named Dargo attempts to assassinate Judge Hall. Hank and Don learn of the incident and decide to use their newfound abilities to rescue him. By shouting the names "Hawk" and "Dove" they each transform into their respective identities. Hawk and Dove swing into action and save Judge Hall from Dargo's gang. Irwin Hall however, has no idea that these two new heroes are in fact his own children.
- First appearances of Hawk and Dove. Following this one-shot story, the two heroes are featured in their own ongoing comic book series, Hawk and Dove (Volume 1).
- First appearance of: Irwin Hall (Hawk and Dove's father); Mrs. Hall (Hawk and Dove's mother); T'Charr (a Lord of Chaos, referenced only as the "Voice" in this issue); Terataya (a Lord of Order, referenced only as the "Voice" in this issue); Dargo (a mobster); Max (a mobster)
- The disembodied entity responsible for Hawk and Dove's powers is known only as "Voice" in this issue. It will later be revealed that the Voice is in fact the conjoined consciousness of a Lord of Chaos and a Lord of Order. T'Charr and Terataya appear next as the Voice in Brave and the Bold (Volume 1) #181.
- The main story in this issue, "The Hawk and the Dove" is divided into three chapters:
- Chapter I: In the Beginning...
- Chapter II: A Voice... a voice...
- Chapter III: The Birds Fly!
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Showcase Vol 1 75 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Showcase series
- Images from Showcase Vol 1 75
- Hawk and Dove (Volume 1) #1
- Hawk and Dove (Volume 1) #2
- Hawk and Dove (Volume 1) #3
- Hawk and Dove (Volume 1) #4
- Hawk and Dove (Volume 1) #5
- Hawk and Dove (Volume 1) #6
Links and References
- Showcase #75 entry at the Grand Comics Database
- Hawk and Dove article at Wikipedia
- Hawk biography at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Hawk biography at Titans Tower
- Hawk's Home Page
- Dove biography at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Dove biography at Titans Tower