"Men Call Me The Phantom Stranger": When a group of children go into a cave to cast a spell to remove a curse, they attract the attention of both the Phantom Stranger, and Dr. 13. Phantom Stranger appears first and tells them a s
Appearing in "Men Call Me The Phantom Stranger"
- Unnamed Criminals (Single appearance)
- Robbie (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Men Call Me The Phantom Stranger"
When a group of children go into a cave to cast a spell to remove a curse, they attract the attention of both the Phantom Stranger, and Dr. 13. Phantom Stranger appears first and tells them a story about how he aided and tells the children about how he had once aided a artist find and break up a Leopard Cult.
Dr. 13 and his fiance Marie Leeds arrive to debunk the Phantom Stranger as a hoax. Dr. 13 tells the children how he is is a famous ghost breaker who has become famous for debunking fake supernatural phenomenon. He tells of how after his father died and he took up the reigns of the Ghostbreaker, his first mystery was solving the apparent haunting of his fathers home, which turns out to be a recording.
After telling their stories, the curse makes itself appear, a giant insect in the sky. The Phantom Stranger reveals it to be a hoax when he uses his powers to reveal that it's really a disguised ship created by men who are taking advantage of the villages superstitious nature. Afterwards, the Phantom Stranger disappears, without any clear conclusion of whether or not the Phantom Stranger is a hoax or not.
Appearing in "The Three Signs of Evil..."
- Mark Davis (Single appearance)
- Unnamed Cultists (Single appearance)
- New York City
- Columbus Circle
- Columbus Circle
Synopsis for "The Three Signs of Evil..."
This story is reprinted from Phantom Stranger #2.
When an artist unknowingly intrudes on a murderous cult’s plot to tap into ultimate power, the Phantom Stranger must rescue him from becoming a human sacrifice.
Appearing in "I Talked with the Dead!"
- Dr. Thirteen, the Ghost-Breaker (First appearance)
- Marie Leeds (First appearance)
Synopsis for "I Talked with the Dead!"
This story is reprinted from Star-Spangled Comics #122.
- This book was first published on December 12, 1968.
- Following this appearance in Showcase, Phantom Stranger and Dr. 13 appear next in Phantom Stranger (Volume 2) #1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Showcase Vol 1 80 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Showcase series
Links and References
- No external links.